3 day “Cockatoo Dreaming” Uluru Experience ($430)
Wayoutbacks 3 day Uluru (Ayers Rock) tour offers a value for money experience in Australia’s Red Centre. This is their budget friendly Uluru tour, but it still offers a quality Wayoutback experience.
On this trip Wayoutback stays at private campsites giving you the opportunity to sleep around a campfire in an authentic Aussie Swag and shower under hot water generated from a wood burner. Travel in an air-conditioned minibus and absorb the incredible, outback landscapes with your experienced tour guide – all of this while travelling with other fun loving and active travellers from all over the world. Explore Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta and Kings Canyon on this Uluru tour to remember – a truly unique way to travel Australia.
This tour departs daily. It commences in Alice Springs early morning or Uluru after lunch and finishes in Alice Springs late afternoon on day 3 – get in touch if you wish to finish at Ayer’s Rock.
What you win:
- FREE return night in a 6 bed mixed dormitory or upgrade to a private double/twin/single for only AU$25
- Borrow a FREE sleeping bag and fly net and save $30
- FREE Luggage storage
- FREE pick up and drop off right in front of the hostel
- Get ready for your tour with the help of Alice’s Secret and relax after your tour by enjoying the beautiful garden and the cosy atmosphere of our little oasis.
- Park entry fees
- Professional guide
- travel in an air-conditioned minibus
- all meals (as listed on itineraries)
- camping equipment including swags
- Drinking water (please provide your own bottle)
- Optional Field of Light experience at UIuru
Day 1 – Alice Springs to Ayers Rock:
(Lunch / Dinner) It’s an early rise if you are joining us in Alice Springs where you will make the journey to Ayers Rock and meet our fellow travellers joining us there. This afternoon embark on an interpretive walk at the base of Uluru. The Cultural Centre is impressive and well worth a visit before watching the ever changing colours of Uluru at sunset. After dinner, some stories and stargazing, it’s time for a good night’s rest at our private campsite before another active day tomorrow.
After dinner this evening, you may choose to view the Field of Light art installation (optional and additional expense).
Day 2 – Ayers Rock to Kings Creek Station:
(Breakfast/ Lunch / Dinner) Your guide will wake you bright and early to experience a mesmerising Uluru sunrise, early mornings being such a magical time in the desert. Then it’s a short drive to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), an aboriginal word for “many heads”, to explore its domes of which there are 36 in total. Pull on your hiking boots and take the Valley of the Winds walk through creek beds, domes and beautiful wilderness. After lunch, it’s farewell to Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park as we travel to Kings Creek Station to spend the night at our private camp.
Day 3 – Kings Creek Station to Alice Springs:
(Breakfast / Lunch) This morning we enter the Watarrka (Kings Canyon) National Park, home of a mighty chasm with sheer red rock faces which soar over 100 metres above lush palm forests. The rim of Kings Canyon is a 6km round trip walk and you will visit the Amphitheatre, Lost City and tranquil Garden of Eden. After our final meal together we begin our journey back to Alice Springs arriving in the late afternoon.
What to bring:
- wide brimmed hat
- insect repellent
- 2 water bottles (1.5 litres)
- walking shoes/boots
- sleeping bag (if you prefer to use your own)
- swim wear (summer)
- comfortable and casual clothing for 3 days (warm clothes in winter)