1 Day West MacDonnell Ranges Tour (AU$155)
The 1 Day Emu Run West Macdonnell Ranges tour operated by Emu Run is the perfect option for travellers to experience the beauty of the West MacDonnell Ranges, located only about an hour’s drive from Alice Springs.
Take in the magnificent range of earthy colours against the blue skies, go for a walk and cool down in one of the gorgeous natural permanent waterholes like Ormiston Gorge or Ellery Creek.
This tour departs daily from Alice Springs.
What you win
- SAVE AU$5 by booking directly through Alice’s Secret
- FREE pick up and drop off right in front of the hostel
- Borrow a flynet for FREE
- Get ready for your tour with the help of Alice’s Secret or relax after it by enjoying the beautiful garden and the cosy atmosphere of our little oasis
- Morning tea
- Afternoon snacks
- Drinking water
- Accommodation Pick-up & Drop-off
- Experienced Friendly Guide
- Air Conditioned Vehicle
- Entry Fee to Standley Chasm
Emu Run will collect you from outside your Alice Springs accommodation at 7.45am.
Take in the spectacular outback scenery and photo opportunities as we travel along the magnificent West MacDonnell Ranges, stopping at historic sites.
Enjoy beautiful walks at Simpsons Gap, Standley Chasm (for morning tea), the Ochre Pits, and Ormiston Gorge for lunch.
Our next stop is at Glen Helen, then on our way back to Alice Springs, we stop for afternoon time at Ellery Creek Big Hole. This waterhole is one of Central Australia’s most pristine, so don’t forget your swimmers in the warmer months!
The panoramic landscapes of the West MacDonnell Ranges are extraordinary for their immensity and the spectacular array of sunburnt oranges, maroons and purples on display. These mighty ranges light up in brilliant oranges and reds at sunset on the return trip to Alice Springs.
What to bring
- Travel voucher
- water bottle (capacity 1 litre)
- strong non-slip walking shoes
- hat (wide brimmed is best)
- sunglasses, sunscreen
- casual and comfortable clothing (cool, light clothing is best in summer and warm clothing for winter)
- swim wear & towel (during summer only)