3 Day “THE ROCK TOUR” Alice Springs – Uluru – Kata Tjuta – Kings Canyon (JAN/FEB Special AU$395)
The Rock Tour is the first choice for budget conscious travellers & International Backpackers looking for a high quality tour & cultural experience at an affordable price. They are an established and experienced local tour operator – one of the number 1 companies in town!
The itinerary of this highly popular tour covers all the highlights of the red centre – Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Watarrka (Kings Canyon)!
This tour runs every day and all year round. It is suited to people aged 18 – 49*.
What you win
- FREE return night in a 6 bed mixed dormitory or upgrade to a private double/twin for only AU$25
- Borrow a FREE sleeping bag and fly net and safe 20 bucks
- FREE Luggage storage
- FREE pick up and drop off right in front of the hostel
- Get ready for your tour with the help of Alice’s Secret and relax after your tour by enjoying the beautiful garden and the cozy atmosphere of our little oasis.
- All meals as stated in itinerary (special dietaries are catered for)
- Free pick up and drop off at accommodation
- Fun and experienced tour guide
- Travel in air conditioned comfortable 21 seat bus
- Park entry and camping fees
Day 1: Kings Canyon (L, D)
You will be picked up from your Alice Springs accommodation at 5:30am, first destination Kings Canyon. Enjoy a 3 hour hike through the sandstone domes of the Lost City. Visit the Amphitheatre, North & South Walls and the Garden of Eden. Next stop, Curtin Springs where we set up our bush camp. Your guide will prepare a healthy camp-oven dinner. Relax around the fire then curl up in your cozy swag under a million stars.
Day 2: Kata Tjuta & Uluru Sunset (B, L, D)
Feel the spiritual significance of the Valley of the Winds at Kata Tjuta. Your Guide will show you some bush tucker along the hike before heading to the Aboriginal Cultural Centre where you can listen to tales from the Dreamtime. You will then go on a guided Mala Walk and spend the evening enjoying dinner at the spectacular Sunset over Uluru. Witness the awesome sight of Uluru changing colour as the sun sets. We spend this night at the Ayers Rock Campground with toilets and showers.
Day 3: Uluru Sunrise (B,L)
Take in a memorable Uluru Sunrise over the World’s Largest Rock. You then have time to complete the Uluru Base Walk. Take in the spiritual significance of Kantju Gorge, Mutijulu Waterhole and Aboriginal Cave Paintings. We stop on the way home for an optional Camel Ride. You will arrive back in Alice Springs at approximately 5:00pm. Back to civilisation, get cleaned up and meet your Guide for dinner and a couple of beers at The Rock Bar at 7:00pm.
What to bring
- 2 large bottles of water (at least 3L per person)
- good walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- warm clothes in winter
- Bring your own sleeping bag (FREE from Alice’s Secret) or hire one for only $20.
The Rock Tour have an age requirement of 18-49 yrs old: “Most people on our tours are between 18 to 45 years of age and International travellers. If you are young at heart & reasonably fit you will fit right in.”
There are great alternatives by Wayoutback and other companies if you’re looking for a tour offering a little more comfort – inquire here if you want to learn more!