5 Day Cairns to Uluru Package (AU$720)
The Rock Tour “5 Day Cairns to Uluru” includes the Greyhound bus from Cairns to Alice Springs, 1 nights dorm accommodation at the Alice’s Secret Travellers Inn, Alice Springs when you arrive. Followed by the 3 Day Rock Tour camping trip to Ayers Rock (Uluru) the Olgas (Kata Tjuta) & Kings Canyon (Watarrka) and 2 nights camping out under the stars in a swag.
The Greyhound Bus departs on a Wednesday from the Cairns Greyhound bus station at 1.00am and arrives in Alice Springs at 9.15am the next day.
What you win
- FREE night before the start of your Uluru tour (day 2) in a 6 bed mixed dormitory or upgrade to a private double/twin for only AU$25
- FREE pick up and drop off right in front of the hostel
- FREE sleeping bag hire + fly net IF returning to our hostel at the end of your Uluru tour
- Get ready for your tour with the help of Alice’s Secret and relax after your tour by enjoying the beautiful garden and the cosy atmosphere of our little oasis.
- All meals as stated in the itinerary
- Air conditioned transport
- Fun and experienced tour guide
- Swags + camping equipment
Day 1 & 2: Greyhound Bus (Only available on Wednesday from Cairns)
Departs Cairns on a Wednesday from the Greyhound Bus Terminal at 1.00am and arrives into Alice Springs the next day at 9.15am. Enjoy 1 nights accommodation in the Alice’s Secret Travellers Inn (6 share dorm) which is located a 5 minute walk from the Alice Springs Greyhound Station.
Day 3: Kings Canyon (L, D)
You will be picked up from your accommodation at 5:30am, first destination Kings Canyon. Enjoy a 3 hour hike through the sandstone domes of the Lost City. Visit the Amphitheatre, North & South Walls and the beautiful Garden of Eden. Next stop, Curtin Springs where we set up our bush camp. Your guide will prepare a healthy camp-oven dinner. Relax around the fire then curl up in your cozy swag under a million stars.
Day 4: Kata Tjuta & Uluru Sunset (B, L, D)
Feel the spiritual significance of the Valley of the Winds at Kata Tjuta. See lots of bush tucker along the hike before heading to the Aboriginal Cultural Centre where you can listen to tales from the Dreamtime. We spend the evening enjoying dinner at the spectacular Sunset over Uluru. Witness the awesome sight of Uluru changing colour. We spend this night at the Yulara resort campground.
Day 5: Uluru Sunrise (B,L)
Take in a memorable Uluru Sunrise over the World’s Largest Rock. You then have time to complete an Uluru Base Walk around Uluru. You will see beautiful sites such as the Mala Walk, Mutijulu Waterhole and Aboriginal Cave Paintings. We stop on the way home for an optional Camel Ride at the Camel Farm. You will arrive back in Alice Springs at approximately 5:30pm. Back to civilization, get cleaned up and we meet later for dinner and a couple of beers in an The Rock Bar.
Day 1 & 2 – Greyhound Bus. Departs Cairns from the Greyhound Bus Terminal at 1.00am and arrives in Alice Springs the next day at 9.15am.
Day 3 – The Rock Tour picks up from your Alice Springs accommodation at 5:30am daily.
What to bring
- 2 large bottles of water (at least 3L per person)
- good walking shoes
- hat and sunscreen
- towel and toiletries
- warm clothes in winter
- Bring your own sleeping bag (FREE from Alice’s Secret) or hire one for only $20.