The Kangaroo Sanctuary (AU$85)
The Kangaroo Sanctuary is a place to celebrate the beauty of the red kangaroo – an Australian icon.
Our Sanctuary is located in Alice Springs (right in the centre of Australia) and is home to Brolga’s kangaroo family as seen on Kangaroo Dundee (a BBC / Nat Geo documentary). On our guided sunset tour you will experience a leisurely walk through The Sanctuary’s 188 acre wildlife reserve where you might meet the kangaroo characters from Kangaroo Dundee and many others.
Tours run from Tuesday to Friday and last around 2.5-3 hours during sunset. Closed over the Christmas period.
What you win
- FREE pick up and drop off from around the corner of Alice’s Secret
- Tour delivered by the man himself; Brolga
- Bus transfer at no extra cost
- Cuddling of Joeys
- Close encounters with red kangaroos
Our kangaroos come first, and because kangaroos sleep during the day we don’t disturb them. This is why our guided tours are in the late afternoon…just when our kangaroos are starting to wake from their day-time sleep.
The Sanctuary can only be visited on a pre-booked tour. We are open Tuesday to Friday and our tour is about 2.5-3 hours. Bus transfers to and from the Sanctuary are provided. Select the closest pick-up point to your accommodation. We recommend booking in advance because the tours sell out fast!
On our guided sunset tour you will experience a leisurely walk through The Sanctuary’s 188 acre wildlife reserve where you might meet the kangaroo characters from Kangaroo Dundee and many others.
Child: $45 (3-17 years)
Further IMPORTANT Information
- Please wear closed shoes and bring a bottle of water
- Most tours are guided by Brolga who owns the Sanctuary. Some tours are guided by our other wonderful tour guides
- There are no self-drives to the Sanctuary to ensure protection of the natural environment
- Wheeled equipment such as strollers, etc can’t be taken on the walk around the Sanctuary because it scares the kangaroos away (they can be taken on the first part of the tour in our small yard where there are no kangaroos)
- We are closed 15 December 2018 to 31 January 2019 because the kangaroos are on holidays (-:
- We are fully booked 15 April 2019 – 28 April 2019 and 12 August – 25 August 2019. No standbys available
- Cancellations are to be made by email at least 7 days before the tour. Our tours are rarely cancelled, but heavy rains for example may mean we need to cancel a tour